I am about to take my CCNA exam, would you mind helping me with this question?
What are the two benefits of private IPv4 IP addresses? (Choose two.)
- A. They are routed the same as public IP addresses.
- B. They are less costly than public IP addresses.
- C. They can be assigned to devices without Internet connections.
- D. They eliminate the necessity for NAT policies.
- E. They eliminate duplicate IP conflicts.
Good Luck in your exam!
B is correct, but I am not serious about it, way too many possible answers could have made this a better question.
B and C are right. This is a generic statement that private is less costly than public which is a fact, therefore E is wrong.
I guess options B and C are correct. However, option E is definitely wrong as it states the benefit of using DHCP over Static not IPv4 scheme.
About D, it is definitely not correct because a duplicate IP address can still be configured by accident via human error.
Besides, this question is confusing.
Personally, this question is easy to overthink.
I think B is correct because they’re free and C is correct too as local devices can still communicate with private IP’s without internet.
Hope this helps, and good luck in your exam!